Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crappy Weather

Gray Skies by Jenny Munro The weather has been miserable all summer the past several days.  I have had to give the dog a mini bath each morning after our walk because she is a wet and muddy mess.  Living downtown = limited areas of grass.  On our morning walk the first thing my dog Slone does is pee in the planting beds beside my building.  Which is cool but they need to be re-mulched and are more like dirt now, and by dirt I mean mud since it has rained almost every morning.  Slone isn’t even excited about mornings anymore.  Today she just sat and stared at me as I dangled the leash, as if to say “Yeah I don’t think so, it’s cold and wet”.

The weather is also ruining my last few chances to wake up to natural sunlight.  It’s hard enough for me to wake up, it’s even harder to wake up in the dark.  Oh miserable winter.  I’m pretty sure I’m one of those SAD (seasonal affective disorder) people, but I must not be a pawn to my moods.

I’ve tried to figure out why I am avoiding getting organized this month.  Yesterday I did the most pathetic work out and decided I don’t like working out so late in the evening.  The only reason I even gave myself credit for it was because I made time for it, even if I didn’t try at all.  I couldn’t narrow it down to any one thing, so I’ll chalk it up to laziness lack of motivation. 

Today I’ve been searching for fitness inspiration online.  I have been looking at other people’s blogs and find them fascinating.  There are a lot of fantastic bloggers out there.  I think I have been spending too much energy thinking about future month’s goals.  If I want to read blogs then I should be adding fitness blogs to the mix.  Jag’s Fitness Blog was a good one I found today.  There’s also A Year of Daily Exercise but the girl doesn’t post as regularly as I would like her to.  I’ve also found several blogs of people who have documented their journey in weight loss.  These are hit or miss for me.  I’m not really interested in weight loss since my weight has never been a big problem for me.

I’ve been reading about calories a little bit.  I typed my info into one of those online calorie counters today.  I don’t really want to lose weight but I played along and said that I wanted to lose 5 lbs in the next two months, put in my stats, and it told me that I should be eating 1,563 calories a day in order to reach my goal weight.  I have no concept of how much food that is but it’s interesting to know.

Also, after Slone’s less than enthusiastic response to going for a walk this morning, I think I should give some serious thought to working out in the mornings instead.  I think Slone prefers to go out after I get home from work, and I would rather go for a walk than work out after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment