Saturday, April 23, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board

I did quite well with tutorials these past couple weeks.  After watching a section on color swatches that was 2 hours long I decided I would pick and choose between the last few set of tutorials for this program.  I don't see much point in spending so much time on things that don't interest me.

Writing in my journal has been a hard habit for me to create.  I am far more conscious of dreams, I don't always get them recorded, but I do wake up and think that I need to remember what has happened.  The food diary never did happen.  I also feel unimpressed with the MacJournal I downloaded as a way to organize my project.  Back to the drawing board I guess.

Lately, I've been thinking about what to do for next month.  The four months I have left are fun, Slone (my dog), spirituality, and an undecided fourth month.  I'd like Melissa and I to both do Slone month at the same time as consistency is key with dog behaviors.  I don't really want to do fun, and if I'm being honest, I don't want to do spirituality at all.  I only picked it because it was one of Gretchen Rubin's topics in her original Happiness Project.  I'm going to scratch it off my list.  Spirituality.

I could re-do fitness month in the hopes that the onset of spring and summer (knock on wood) will motivate me to get out and exercise... but I'm not very excited about that.  Time to sit down again and figure out what I want to get out of the next four months.

Melissa was in Mexico the first few days of this month, and then she was sick for two weeks.  In short, this month has been a bit of a write off.  I told her that I feel like I'm doing the project by myself because we don't really discuss it, other than at the start of the month when we mention what topic we're doing.  I told her I'd like us to set aside time during the month to talk about how we're doing.  I think it would help me stay motivated to know that at mid month I have to say what I've accomplished, and to challenge each other to stay on track and do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment