Friday, October 29, 2010

Attitude – End of Month Summary

This month was a real challenge, and I did not rise to meet it.  It was difficult to create resolutions for attitude that gave any kind of measurable sense of accomplishment.  In regards to my post the other day about feeling like a soulless robot, I think I have found another way to describe it.  I have made progress in regards to being less negative; I am more aware of my negativity and have definitely cut back on it.  I would describe the result as being in neutral.  I seem to be following ‘if you don’t have anything nice to think, don’t think anything at all’.  Oh that’s great isn’t it?  Don’t people try really hard to quiet their minds and be present in the moment?  Uh yeah but this isn’t really that kind of not thinking, it’s more like being zoned out.  What I should have been following was ‘if you don’t have anything nice to think, think something positive’.

Did you know?

Avoiding and cutting back on negativity, yes, replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, not so much.

I know attitude is pretty huge, kind of unrealistic to think I could change it in a month, but I almost feel as if I moved backwards in regards to attitude this month.  It’s like I rebelled against change and as a result some of my resolutions from boost energy suffered.  My resolution to wake up earlier was an epic fail this month, and other than my twice weekly yoga classes I hardly ever worked out.  I feel like my bad attitude fueled any lack of motivation I had.  I think attitude plays a big part in fitness, so they both missed the mark this month.

I did really well with my resolution to eat healthier meals, and my goal to try a new recipe every night for one week was fun and successful.  I also did well with my do something extra category for look good feel good.  I got a massage, a pedicure, a facial and a laser hair removal treatment.  These things were all part of that spa promo I bought so it will require more planning in the future to do something for myself every week.


I think my resolutions for attitude month need a complete overhaul because they are not working for me.  I think part of the problem is my lack of commitment to following through on my current attitude resolutions.  The other part must be that my current resolutions aren’t working for me, they are difficult to measure and feel like chores.  I need to make my attitude resolutions something that I want to do, something enjoyable and something measureable.

Some ideas for new attitude resolutions:

  • read/say aloud a positive affirmation every day
  • play extreme nice game (where you make an effort to constantly think positive thoughts about the people, places, situations around you) on your way to and from work every day

I also need to put some more effort into mornings and workouts, but I’m going to try to figure that out on my own and I’ll post about it once I find something that works for me.  I don’t want to get into the habit of always blogging about what I’m going to do and then not doing it.  More results, less wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment