Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of work at my job.  We were supposed to all go for lunch on Monday but it got postponed to tomorrow so I have to go meet my coworkers at noon tomorrow so today is my second last day of work related anything.  My boss’ contradictory behavior over the past couple weeks has made it easier for me to leave this job.  I will miss working here, but I know that it’s time for a change.  Even though it’s the lack of work that makes my days long and frustrating, I will miss the freedom of a relaxed workplace and workload.  Flash has two friends that are getting married this year out of province, one in the summer and one in the fall, both of which will require at least a 4 day weekend to attend.  At this job I wouldn’t have even thought twice about it, time off is never a problem.  Will I even be able to take that time off at my new job, who will I have to coordinate my time with? 

At my job now I’ll usually just eat at my desk to work only a 8 hour day instead of 8.5 or 9 hours (not that anyone is counting).  At my new job I’ll be working 9 hours with an hour for lunch.  Will I have to find someone to sit with at lunch?  Is it standoffish or anti-social to leave the office for an hour and do whatever.  All the first day of school nervousness is popping up.  I think I will probably be the youngest person at the office, which is fine.  In some ways that’s easier because you don’t feel like you have to ‘make friends’ with your coworkers. 

I’m going shopping tomorrow!  I’m really more excited about that than anything else.  I’m sure once Sunday rolls around I’ll start feeling a bit nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment