Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friends Forever!

MARCH- FRIENDSHIP

I chose to put my "Friendship Focus" month right after Love month in the hopes that I would have fallen in love and have to work this month on the OH SO tricky task of managing your friends when you're in a new relationship. Haha kidding.
To be more honest, I put Friendship month after because I think I'm a pretty kick ass friend and after struggling through Love month, wanted something kind of easy.

My goals for friendship month are the following:
1. Keep in better contact with my best long distance friends (Lizzy T, Ashes, Fergie, Hunter)
2. Try to do things with my male friends (Teddy, Gord, Byron, Broc)
3. Send a personal thank you not to everyone who took the time to wish me a Happy Birthday on February 27th.
4. Send personal thank you cards (via snail mail) to everyone who came to my birthday party and/or got me a birthday present.
5. Call my Nani
6. Send the 804 girls an update email (Tasha, Wilbur, Lori, Britaney)
7. Do something special for my BEST friends (Karlee, Stephanie, Kirby, Angela) to let them know how much I appreciate them.
8. Help Kirby with her "FUN" month because, let's be honest, I'm the most fun ever.
9. Reach out and make one new friend.

I am already off to an incredible start on Friendship month. On my FIRST day I took care of sending personal thank you notes to everyone who wished me a happy birthday on facebook. 83 messages! You know what though, it was COMPLETELY worth it. I got so many messages back and got conversations going with a lot of people I probably wouldn't have spoken to otherwise. Also, while I was writing set messages on facebook, I had two old guy friends (Mike Alexander and Jon Webber) IM me during, and had good update conversations with them! BOOM.
I also crossed off a task that I missed in "Family" month which was to get together with my cousin Deanne for dinner. We are doing that next weekend :)

I have also agreed to go to my male friend Byron's open house for his new business he opened. A VIP Salon for men. It's a great idea and I think Calgary has the market for it. I want to support him and his amazing entrepreneurial spirit, something I really love and envy in Byron. I normally hate going to events during the week, especially ones outside the downtown core, but this is important to him and I want to be supportive.
I have also made plans to make a new friend. I have a client I work with through my job. She is my age but at a very different place, a husband and two kids. She probably doesn't get to do the types of things I do very often so she asked me if I wanted to get together for some wine and she would give me a facial, as she has recently embarked on a new Mary Kay venture. Again normally, this is not something I would be in to, I really dislike make-up and face parties (Mary Kay, Arbonne, Avon, etc.) BUT Kristy is a doll and I really like her and I didn't go to her Christmas Party this year even though she invited me. She was so happy when I agreed and even said she didn't get to do things that wasn't related to her kids very often so she was really excited. That makes me happy, I like making other people happy :)

Hunter and I had an hour long phone call the other evening and it was so great to catch up with him. We realized it had been about a year since we had spoken (oh my god) and since he came to visit me last September. Terrible. Hunter was a big rock for me during University, I want him to be in my life forever. Do better with Hunter. 100%.
I also let another friend, Mike, in on my Happiness Blog. This is scary for me as not a lot of friends really know about it. And I realized after I had told him about the blog that I talk about the time when I first met him and what a big crush I had etc. IN the blog. I'm not sure if I had ever told him that before. Ah well. We've known each other a long time, no point getting shy now. Mike's amazing and after everything we've been through I'm very happy to have him in my life, we've come a long way.

All in all, I'm not worried about Friendship month. I think I give my friends a lot of time, respect and love. I guess I will be more focused on letting them know that, re-connecting with some lost friends and being happy myself so that people are happier around me!

YAAAAAY TO ALL MY F's and BFF's and PIC's and VIP's. Love y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment