Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happiness Project Begins!

Happiness Project September 2010 – September 2011 begins! In the first month of Gretchen Rubin’s Happiness Project she focused on boosting energy. We think that is good logic so for our first month we are both going to do the same. To keep us motivated have created a resolution chart to keep track of our daily progress that we are going to keep out in the open to fuel healthy competition between roommates.

In addition to being someone that doesn’t work out...ever, I am also a chronic over sleeper, fast food junkie, and sugar addict. As excited as I am to start my Happiness Project I have been nervous about this first month; it’s going to be a lifestyle overhaul for me.

To tackle physical energy I have created the following resolutions:
  • wake up every day at 7:00 am
  • eat breakfast at home everyday
  • eat healthy meals (no fast food)
  • work out 5 times a week
  • aim for 10 000 steps a day
  • drink more water and take a multivitamin
Initially, I only planned on doing the 10 000 steps a day for the first month because the winters here are very cold and I knew that it wasn’t a habit I was going to stick with once the weather gets cold. Last night I went to get my pedometer out and it was broken. I’d wanted to put my actual step count up every day so now I’m not sure if I should go out and get another one or just try to walk more.

In addition to physical energy I am going to work on mental energy by tackling nagging tasks. Unfinished or nagging tasks drain mental energy because they are constantly on your mind, which makes you feel guilty for having not completed them. I will be posting with updates on my progress throughout the month and Melissa and I will both be posting at the end of every month to summarize how we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment