Friday, October 8, 2010

Attitude Week 1 - Recap

attitude 003I saw these women on my walk to work the other morning.
They are chatting as though this is totally normal behavior.
 

After reviewing last months goals I decided I needed to be more organized.  As posted earlier, the month started on a Friday and I had a rough first couple of days adjusting to the addition of new resolutions.  Sunday night I decided I needed to make sure I didn’t start this week off on the wrong foot.  I had a whiteboard calendar sitting around so I put it up on my wall and wrote down what I’d planned to do for my workouts every day on it.  It’s great, I really should have been doing this from day one.  I wrote out a grocery list, bought groceries, printed a small monthly calendar on which I wrote my meals for the week and put it on the fridge.  It is my goal to go over these things every Sunday.

I am still struggling with mornings and giving compliments.  I think part of the problem is that I see the same people every day.  The handful of people I work with, Flash and Melissa.  I think it’s kind of cheating to give the compliments to Mel everyday, I’m supposed to be challenging myself.  So that resolution needs improvement.

As part of look good feel good I am supposed to do something extra for myself every week.  Back in June I bought this promo thing where in an attempt to get new clients businesses will offer an introductory package of services at a reduced price.  I really shouldn’t have even bought it because they usually try to up-sell you on every visit which takes the fun out of going.  The girl wrote the wrong dates on my thing, I thought it expired at the end of November but turns out it expires at the end of October so I booked all my appointments for this month, which I guess works out ok for my resolutions.  Anyway, this week I got a half hour massage.

The nagging task I decided to tackle this week was to get Slone’s hair cut.  I have some other tasks planned for this weekend, but this is the only one I have done so far.

attitude 008 Slone sitting on my desk at work fixated on the treat I have in my hand

Also, in an attempt to be less critical I am trying to give positive reviews.  For the most part I am doing this through compliments, but I decided to also do it by literally giving positive reviews when the opportunity presents itself.  This week I went online and wrote a positive review for the place I get my dog groomed at on Google. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. omg! what a cute dog : ) she's just adorable!

    ps found you via 20sb. hi!

    pps i'm hosting a giveaway for a vintage purse if you stop by http://cailenascher.blogspot.com/2010/10/vintage-purse-giveaway-it-could-be.html

    tgif!

    ReplyDelete