Thursday, March 10, 2011

BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!

A friend is someone we turn to
when our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure
as our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives
with beauty, joy and grace.
And makes the whole world we live in
a better and happier place.

Friendship month has been awesome. I've accomplished many of my tasks. I met a new friend, his name is Tom. We went to dinner last night and I realized that we have SO much in common. He's a great guy. I also sent all my facebook "thank yous" to people that wished me a happy birthday. I got SUCH an amazing response! Now my task will be to continue on some of these conversations and write people back!
I also sent the snail mail thank yous to people that came to my birthday party. Again the response so was nice. A lot of people said it made their day, or that it was so thoughtful. EVERY person told me they loved me. YAY!
I planned dinner with my cousin D, so we're doing that tomorrow. I've been chatting more with my uncle. I reached out to one of my cousins that I missed in the "family" month update email. And I sent Sarah (one of the 804 girls) an update email. I feel great!!! I need to reach out to my male friends a little more too now. So that will be my focus heading into the second half of March. I will also be off to Cancun, Mexico at the end of the month so I'm sure i'll make some new friends there ;)
I reached out to Mike as well, so we can get together for dinner during my one day stay over in Toronto en route to Mexico. SO all in all, I think i'm being a good friend.

It's important to note that my good friend Stephanie and I went through a really rough patch in our friendship over the holidays. We questioned our loyalty and depth. We had a lot of talks about it and how to get back to being the best of friends, like we used to. Stephanie has been doing SO well at working on the things I suggested that I needed from her. I've really seen her be so supportive and patient and really working on things. I let her know how much I appreciate her and all her efforts, and I'm happy to report that our love and friendship is stronger than ever. :)

I have Kirby a hard time about quitting her "Fun" month. Kirby is very important to me and she's such an amazing person all I want is for her to be happy. Kirby is SO fun and I feel like Flash and I are the only ones that REALLY see that side of her because she's got slight hermit crab syndrome. But if being alone and staying in makes Kirby happy, who am I to say otherwise. So I'm laying off her and letting her just explore on her own, that's the whole point of our project.

In the spirit of Friendship, I am now signing off to spend some quality time with my friends down on the JERSEY SHORE. Happy Jersday y'all. FIST PUMP!

Yours in friendship, Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment